Fresh pico de gallo, cooked chicken, veggies, and cheese combine to make these tasty taquitos that are baked, not fried, for a healthy meal or snack.
- 3 servings Pico de Gallo (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chicken (cooked, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup corn (no salt added, canned or frozen, thawed)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (green, chopped)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded, reduced fat, or Monterey jack or queso fresco)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 425°F. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup Pico de Gallo,
chicken, corn, green onion, bell pepper, and cheese.
2. Soften tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave oven, and spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling onto the center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly and secure each with a toothpick.
3. Place rolled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet and brush
each lightly with oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
4. Place 3 taquitos on each plate and serve with remaining Pico de Gallo.
California Champions for Change, Lunch Recipes
California Department of Public Health, Network for a Healthy California