Enjoy this rice dish filled with vegetables and spices with your favorite chicken, fish, or bean dish.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 1 can canned chopped tomatoes (14.5 ounces, undrained)
- 2 cup water
1. Brown green pepper and onion in oil until tender.
2. Stir in the spices, rice, tomatoes with juice, and water.
3. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until rice is done.
Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods