Add extra calcium to your cookies with yogurt. These cookies also use whole wheat flour which adds fiber and other nutrients.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup yogurt (non-fat, plain)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup flour (whole wheat)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (miniature, or carob chips)
1. Heat oven to 375º F.
2. In a large bowl combine sugar, brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add yogurt and vanilla; blend well. Stir in flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto un-greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375º F for 8 to 12 minutes or until light and golden brown.
5. Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheets.
Cornell University Cooperative Extension, Eat Smart New York!