This simple spice cookie is based on applesauce.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine (or butter or shortening)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour (all purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 nuts (1 cup, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare pan or cookie sheet (see below).
2. Cream together sugar, shortening and egg.
3. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
4. Stir flour mixture into shortening mixture just until moist.
5. Add applesauce, raisins, and nuts (if using).
For Cookies: Drop dough by heaping teaspoon several inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
For Cake: Bake at 350 degrees in an 8 inch x 8 inch pan for 40 minutes.
To check cake for doneness, pierce top of cake with a toothpick. Cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.
Montana State University Extension Service, Montana Extension Nutrition Education Program
Recetas del Sitio Web