You’re never too old to have fun with your food! While the kids are home from school and family and friends gather together, find ways to make healthy foods fun and festive. MyPlate Kitchen is a great resource for recipe inspiration. Get inspiration from other families’ healthy eating habits by checking out our MyPlate, MyWins family videos.
Get creative in the kitchen and find unique ways to make healthy foods the main attraction at your winter celebrations. Use cookie cutters to add a seasonal twist to your favorite foods! Follow the steps below to create a snowy scene using foods from all 5 food groups! For detailed instructions, click here.
MyPlate Snowman Scene
Before getting started, be sure to wash your hands.
- Make a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Then, cut out a snowman from the center.*
- Cut snowflakes from the cheese slices.* (Tip: Don’t have a snowflake cookie cutter? Use a plain circle and create snowballs instead!)
- Now let’s create the scene! Move your snowman to the plate and give him a face, hat, buttons, and arms. If it’s cold outside, he may need a scarf too.
- Add a background by covering the ground in “snow” and planting “trees.”
- Let it snow! Add cheese snowflakes or snowballs to complete the scene on your plate.
- Have fun and make it your own. Try orange or yellow low-fat cheese to add stars or a sun to the sky. Plant extra trees, build a house, or make a snowman family!
*Note: Enjoy leftovers from the sandwich or snowflakes as a snack or refrigerate and save for later.
More Winter Resources:
- Let MyPlate’s Tip Sheets help you make healthy choices:
- Find holiday recipes:
- Be sure to stay active: