Spend less time cooking and more time enjoying your summer with this fast and delicious summer veggie side dish. Pairs well with grilled meat, fish, or tofu.
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 pound zucchini (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (peeled and diced, or a 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic.
3. Cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Add zucchini, tomatoes and seasonings.
5. Cover pan, reduce heat, cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.