Clean out your cupboards with this quick and easy veggie recipe. Use whatever canned vegetables you have on hand and mix with noodles, sauce and cheese for dinner tonight.
- 1 pound pasta, uncooked
- 2 cup vegetables (drained, canned)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup cheese (shredded)
1. Boil water in a cooking pot. Add the pasta. Turn down the heat to medium-low; cook for 10 minutes. Pour pasta and water into colander to drain.
2. Return cooked, drained pasta back to cooking pot. Add vegetables and spaghetti sauce. Cook over medium-low heat just until the vegetables are hot.
3. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Fresh or frozen vegetables can be used. Just cook them before tossing with pasta.
Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
and Food and Drug Administration, DHHS