Cottage cheese is the key to this easy veggie dip. Try with different spices to suit your taste.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion (chopped very fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1. Measure cottage cheese and put in bowl or blender.
2. Beat with a fork or mixer, or in a blender, until cottage cheese is smooth.
3. Add the other ingredients. Stir together.
4. Store the dip in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours to let the flavors blend.
Serve with slices of row vegetables such as carrots, celery, cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, turnips, cauliflower, or green pepper.
Try adding 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon dried dill week for extra flavor. Source: Colorado State University. Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network