Exploding with tomatoes and basil, these delicious stuffed peppers are a great side dish to any entree.
- 4 bell pepper (red or green)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion (medium)
- 1 cup basil leaves (fresh)
- 3 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly oil a large shallow baking pan.
2. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Arrange peppers cut sides up in baking pan and lightly oil cut edges of stems.
3. Halve cherry tomatoes and chop onion and basil. Finely chop garlic.
4. In a bowl toss tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, olive oil. salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon equal portions of mixture into peppers and roast in upper third of oven until peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.