This tasty, marinaded veggies salad uses canned veggies and can be enjoyed at any time of the year. Use fresh vegetables if you have them on hand.
- 1 can whole kernel corn (12 ounce, drained)
- 1 can carrot (14 1/2 ounce, drained)
- 1 can green beans (14 1/2 ounces, drained)
- 1 can tomatoes (14 1/2 ounces, - chopped)
- 1 tablespoon onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon green pepper ( finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup tomato juice from canned tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Drain corn, carrots, and green beans. Throw away liquid. Rinse vegetables and drain again.
2. Drain tomatoes. Save 1/3 cup of the liquid.
3. Mix corn, carrots, green beans, tomatoes, onion, and green pepper in a large bowl.
4. Mix together all other ingredients in a separate bowl.
5. Pour over vegetables.
6. Cover and set aside for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
You can also use a 16 ounce bag of frozen vegetables in place of canned corn, carrots, and green beans. However, analysis was done with ingredients as specified in the recipe.