Use this colorful veggie plate at your next party or gathering.
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 carrot (cut into 3-inch sticks)
- 2 celery stalk (cut into 3-inch sticks)
- 2 1/2 cups jicama (1/2 medium, peeled and cut into 3-inch sticks)
- 5 medium radishes (1 bunch trimmed)
- 6 green onion (trimmed)
- 1 cup sour cream, fat free
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 jalapeno chiles (finely chopped, seeded if desired)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Arrange vegetables on a platter.
2. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and salsa. Serve.
Fresh Salsa Preparation:
1. In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, onions, jalapeño chiles, cilantro, and salt.
2. Serve or store salsa in refrigerator for up to three days in a covered plastic or glass container.
California 5 A Day, It’s So Easy
Contra Costa Health Services