Toss some sweet potatoes in the oven when you're baking this meatloaf, and pair this dinner with a tossed salad for a tasty and delicious meal!
- 1 pound ground turkey (85% lean)
- 1/2 cup oats (regular, dry)
- 1 egg (large)
- 1 tablespoon onion (dehydrated, or one small onion, minced)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 celery stalk (chopped)
- 2 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 green pepper (seeded and diced)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Bake in loaf pan for 25 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
4. Cut into five slices and serve.
National Institutes of Health
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Delicious Heart-Healthy Latino Recipes/Platillos latinos sabrosos y saludables