Tuna salad served on a bed of lettuce and veggies with a whole grain cracker on the side make this an easy and delicious lunch. Have a piece of fruit as a tasty side dish or dessert.
- 4 whole grain crackers
- 4 cup romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and grated)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1/4 red onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon vinegar (red wine)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- dash black pepper (fresh cracked)
- 6 ounce tuna, low sodium, canned in water (drained)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
1. Place lettuce, vegetables, oil, vinegar and herbs in a large salad bowl. Toss together.
2. Mix ingredients for tuna salad in another medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Assemble salad by placing greens on a large plate. Top with a scoop of tuna salad.