This hearty pasta dish uses pantry staples such as canned tuna and cream soup along with a few fresh veggies to make a dish full of protein and flavor.
- 12 ounces pasta shells, or other pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, reduced sodium (10 ounces, or cream of celery, chicken or cheddar)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce can)
- 2 cans tuna (6 ounces each, packed in water)
- shredded cheese (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
2. In a large skillet or pot, cook onion and pepper in oil.
3. Add cream soup, diced tomatoes and tuna to onion and pepper.
4. Mix with pasta. Put in baking dish.
5. Cook at 350°F or for 25 minutes until bubbly.
6. Top with cheese if desired and return to oven for 5 minutes to melt.
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education. Simple Healthy Recipes.