Pita bread stuffed with salad greens, tuna, veggies, and fruit makes an easy and flavorful lunch or dinner.
- 1 can tuna, packed in water (12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoon red onion (minced)
- 1 apple (cored and chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 5 tablespoon Italian dressing, light
- cup salad greens
- 2 Pita bread, whole wheat (cut in half)
1. In a small bowl, stir together tuna, onion, apple, celery, raisins, and 2 Tablespoons of dressing.
2. In another bowl, toss together salad greens with remaining dressing.
3. Carefully open pita breads and fill with equal amounts of greens and tuna salad.
California 5-a-Day—For Better Health! Campaign