Pita bread stuffed with salad greens, tuna, veggies, and fruit makes an easy and flavorful lunch or dinner.
- 1 can tuna, packed in water (12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons red onion (minced)
- 1 apple (cored and chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 5 tablespoons Italian dressing, light
- 2 cups salad greens
- 2 Pita bread, whole wheat (cut in half)
1. In a small bowl, stir together tuna, onion, apple, celery, raisins, and 2 Tablespoons of dressing.
2. In another bowl, toss together salad greens with remaining dressing.
3. Carefully open pita breads and fill with equal amounts of greens and tuna salad.
California Department of Health Services, Discover the Secret to Healthy Living
California 5-a-Day—For Better Health! Campaign