Fast and flavorful. Choose your favorite vegetables and try this quick and delicious dish on a busy weeknight. Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
- 4 chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 1/4 red onion (julienned)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1 red pepper (julienned)
- 1 celery stalk (julienned)
- 1/2 zucchini (julienned)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoon basil (fresh, chopped)
- thyme (fresh springs, optional)
- parsley (chopped, optional)
- ginger (minced, optional)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed (1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon))
- salt (to taste, optional)
- pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut four large rectangles of parchment paper or aluminum foil and fold in half; unfold.
3. Place each chicken breast in a large square of foil or parchment paper and season with salt and pepper.
4. Top chicken with your choice of vegetables and seasonings.
5. Drizzle each packet with ½ teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
6. Fold the parchment paper or foil in half and then crimp around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a half moon shape.
7. Using a spatula, transfer the packets to a baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 20 minutes, depending the thickness of the chicken breast.
Note: Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrient or cost analysis.