Use your favorite pasta and veggies to make this salad a family favorite. Make a day ahead and allow to chill in the refrigerator overight so the flavors blend.
- 1/2 cup pasta, uncooked (such as shells, macaroni, etc)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cucumber (medium, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 carrot (medium, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tomato (medium, coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 green pepper (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons onion, green or red (coarsely chopped)
1. Wash your hands and work area.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions but do not add salt to cooking water. Drain, rinse with cool water, and drain again.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir and heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, but do not boil. Let cool.
4. Rinse, drain, and chop remaining ingredients. Combine in a shallow container, such as an 8x8 inch pan.
5. Add cooked pasta, and vinegar mixture. Mix gently.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
7. Serve cold using a slotted spoon.
8. Cover and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.