Ground beef and beans are flavored with cumin and chili powder and served over lettuce and other veggies for an easy weeknight dinner. Top with cheese and dressing.
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cumin, ground (1 1/2 teaspoons, optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup kidney or pinto beans (cooked)
- 1/2 head of lettuce (torn)
- 1 onion (small, diced)
- 2 tomatoes (large, cut up)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups light tortilla chips (broken)
- 1/2 cup yogurt, non-fat
- 1/2 cup salsa, chunky
1. Prepare dressing in mixing yogurt and salsa, then set aside.
2. Brown ground beef and drain any fat; add beans, cumin and chili powder and heat through.
3. Toss lettuce, tomatoes, onion and cheese in large bowl.
4. Spoon on meat and bean mixture and top with broken tortilla chips.
5. Offer dressing on the side.
6. Refrigerate leftovers within two hours.