Add some low-sodium taco seasoning to spice up this ground beef and bean taco salad.
- 1 butter lettuce (head, or any other small lettuce, torn into small pieces)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped, fresh)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 ounce ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 onion (small, chopped)
- 1 can pinto beans (15 1/2 ounce, drained)
- 3/4 cup salsa (or taco sauce)
1. Put lettuce in large bowl. Add tomatoes and green pepper.
2. Brown meat and onion in fry pan. Drain off fat and liquid.
3. Mix meat, beans and salsa. Add to salad mixture.
4. Serve with additional salsa. Refrigerate leftovers.