Make this delicious and creamy cheesecake full of fall spice flavor for your next holiday celebration.
- 1 cup gingersnaps (finely crumbed, or graham crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted, melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (light, softened)
- 1 cup sweet potatoes (mashed, peeled and cooked)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (finely shredded)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup milk (evaporated, reduced fat 2%)
1. Combine crumbs and butter. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of an 8 inch spring form pan. Set aside
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sweet potatoes, egg white, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, orange peel and the vanilla until combined. DO NOT OVER BEAT.
2. Stir in milk. Carefully pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes until center appears set.
4. Cool on wire rack for 45 minutes. Cover and chill thoroughly.
5. Remove sides of pan.
6. Garnish with dessert topping and orange peel.