These tasty stuffed peppers make a delicious and filling entree. Use brown rice to increase your whole grains.
- 4 green pepper (large, washed)
- 1 pound turkey, ground, 85% lean
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce, unsalted
- ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Cut around the stem of the green peppers. Remove the seeds and the pulpy part of the peppers.
2. Wash, and then cook green peppers in boiling water for five minutes. Drain well.
3. In saucepan, brown turkey. Add rice, onion, 1/2 cup tomato sauce and black pepper.
4. Stuff each pepper with the mixture and place in casserole dish.
5. Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the green peppers.
6. Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Adopted from: Eating Right is Basic