Enjoy this quick and tasty meal on a cold winter night. Add spinach, steamed in the microwave as well as an apple or orange to serve on the side.
- 1 1/2 pounds steak (sirloin)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 onions (large, sliced)
- 1 tomato (large, sliced)
- 3 cups potatoes (boiled, diced)
1. Trim fat from steak and cut steak into small, thin pieces.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté garlic until garlic is golden.
3. Add steak, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring beef until brown.
4. Add onion and tomato. Cook until onion is transparent. Serve with boiled potatoes.
US Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Delicious Heart-Healthy Latino Recipes/Platillos latinos sabrosos y saludables