Enjoy this quick and tasty meal on a cold winter night. Add spinach, steamed in the microwave as well as an apple or orange to serve on the side.
- 1 1/2 pounds steak (sirloin)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 onions (large, sliced)
- 1 tomato (large, sliced)
- 3 cups potatoes (boiled, diced)
1. Trim fat from steak and cut steak into small, thin pieces.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté garlic until garlic is golden.
3. Add steak, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring beef until brown.
4. Add onion and tomato. Cook until onion is transparent. Serve with boiled potatoes.
National Institutes of Health
National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Delicious Heart-Healthy Latino Recipes/Platillos latinos sabrosos y saludables