What a delicious autumn side dish! Use your favorite varieties of apples and winter squash for this tasty recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups winter squash (such as acorn, butternut or hubbard)
- 1 1/2 cups apples (cooking, such as Macintosh, Granny Smith or Rome)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Wash and prepare squash and apples (for extra fiber, keep peel on apples).
2. Alternate layers of squash and apples in 8x8 inch pan; end with apples.
3. Sprinkle spices over top layer.
4. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, until squash is tender.