Enjoy fresh, delicious pizza made at home. You can spice this up with red pepper flakes or garlic powder. Try with whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 Italian pizza shell (large)
- 1 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (red or green, sliced)
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, part skim (shredded)
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Spoon pizza sauce on pizza shell.
3. Put pizza shell on a cookie sheet. Arrange vegetables over sauce. Sprinkle on the cheese.
4. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. When baked, cool pizza for 3 minutes before slicing. Cut into 8 wedges.
Contra Costa Health Services