Try this hearty, cold rice salad that could be served with fresh fruit and your favorite protein foods.
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing (reduced fat, unsalted)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2/3 cup fresh spinach (washed and cut into thin strips)
- 2/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion (including tops)
- bacon bits (optional)
1. Combine dressing, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir into chilled rice.
2. Cover and chill salad.
3. Add celery, onion, and spinach before serving.
4. Shake on bacon bits if desired.