Try this quick one-pot meal that may soon become a family favorite.
- 1 pound ground turkey, 85% lean (or ground beef)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 2 cans tomatoes and green chiles (10 ounce cans)
- 3 cups cooked rice (brown)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, low-fat
1. In a large skillet or pot, brown ground turkey and cook onion. When done, use paper towel to soak up any grease.
2. Add remaining ingredients except cheese and mix together.
3. Heat until very hot.
4. Top with cheese before serving.
ONIE Project - Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education. Simple Healthy Recipes.