Make this coleslaw in a snap. This tasty coleslaw can be doubled easily and made a day in advance to let the flavors blend.
- 2 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Wash and shred the cabbage with a knife or grater. Put in a mixing bowl.
2. Bring the vinegar and water to a boil in the saucepan. Remove from heat and add other ingredients except cabbage to the saucepan.
3. Continue to cook this mixture in the saucepan until the sugar is dissolved and hot, then pour over the shredded cabbage.
4. Toss. Refrigerate until chilled to blend flavors.
Refrigeration is needed before serving.
Learn more about:
Nutrition Education Program