Add black pepper for an extra kick. Enjoy this hearty stew on a chilly autumn or winter evening.
- 1 pound ground beef, 90% lean
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (chopped)
- 2 cups potatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 can tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 oregano, basil or other herb (optional)
1. Brown ground beef in a medium fry pan. Drain fat.
2. Place beef, chopped vegetables, tomatoes and water in slow cooker.
3. Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.