An easy lasagna; you don't even have to turn on your oven! Enjoy with a side salad and seasonal fruit.
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (or 4 cups of any other type of pasta, uncooked)
- 1 ricotta cheese, part-skim 15 ounces (or cottage cheese)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, low-sodium (24 ounces)
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry (10 ounces, or chopped broccoli)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, part-skim shredded
1. Cook the noodles as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese), 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
3. Spray a large skillet well with cooking spray. Do NOT place skillet on heat until all ingredients are in skillet.
4. Spread half of the jar of sauce in skillet. Top with half the cooked noodles (4 lasagna noodles).
5. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Top with half the spinach or broccoli.
6. Sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese over the vegetables.
7. Repeat with the remaining noodles, the remaining cheese mixture, the remaining vegetables, the remaining sauce, and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
8. Sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan cheese. Cover.
9. Turn on the stove top to medium-low until the cheese is melted (approximately 20 minutes). Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
10. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Eat within 3 to 5 days.
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis.
Eating Smart Being Active Recipes.