Seasoned chunks of cod topped with fresh diced tomatoes, shredded cabbage, a squeeze of lime, and a dollop of cilantro-infused sour cream are all served on top of a warm corn tortilla. These fish tacos are the perfect combination of simplicity and excitement.
- 1/2 cup sour cream (non-fat)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (fat-free)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning (divided)
- 1 pound cod or white fish fillets (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups red and green cabbage (shredded)
- 2 cups tomato (diced)
- 12 corn tortillas (6-inch, warmed)
- lime wedges (for serving)
1. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, and 2 Tbsp seasoning mix.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cod, vegetable oil, lemon juice, and remaining seasoning mix; pour into large skillet. Cook stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork.
3. Fill warm tortillas with fish mixture.
4. Top with cabbage, tomato, sour cream mixture, lime wedges, and taco sauce.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.