A hearty side dish that would go well with a flavorful fish recipe and a fresh green salad.
- 2 small potatoes (2 pounds, sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk, whole
1. Wash potatoes; peel and cut into thin slices.
2. Melt 1 Tablespoon of margarine in heavy, deep skillet. Remove skillet from heat; spread half of potato slices in skillet.
3. Cover potatoes with onions. Sprinkle half of flour and pepper over potato mixture.
4. Add remaining potato slices, flour and pepper. Cut 1 Tablespoon of margarine into small pieces and place on top of potato mixture.
5. Pour milk over potato mixture; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.