Tasty patties cooked in a skillet that are perfect topped with fresh lettuce, tomato, and a side of fresh or canned pineapple.
- 1 can salmon, 16 oz (Use canned salmon with bones to get extra calcium.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- cold water
- 1/4 cup minced celery (optional)
- 1 tablespoon green pepper (optional)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Wash fresh vegetables (if using).
- Collect, mince, and measure all ingredients before starting to prepare the recipe.
- Open salmon, and drain liquid into a liquid measuring cup. Add lemon juice and cold water to the salmon liquid to make ½ cup liquid total, and set aside.
- Put the salmon in a separate mixing bowl. Mix in the celery (if using), green pepper (if using), and onion.
- In another small bowl, beat the eggs. Then, add them to the salmon mixture.
- Add the bread or cracker crumbs, flour, pepper, and the salmon liquid mixture to the salmon mixture, and stir until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Use ⅓ cup measuring cup to measure salmon mixture. Shape into a ½ inch thick patty, and place on a plate. Repeat to make 6 patties.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add 3 patties.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes (or until golden brown) on each side.
- Remove patties from skillet, and place on a clean paper towel-lined plate to drain. Cook remaining 3 patties, then serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Eat within 3 to 5 days.
Missouri Nutrition Network, Eat for Health Toolkit Otras opciones: ONIE Project & Colorado State University Extension