Quick chili is perfect for a cold evening when you're short on time. Serve it over brown rice or whole grain pasta.
- 1/2 pound ground beef, 90% lean
- 1 can kidney beans (15 1/2 ounces, with liquid)
- 1 cup tomato sauce, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon onion, instant minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1. Thoroughly cook ground beef in skillet until browned (internal temperature of 160 degrees). Do not undercook ground beef. Carefully wash your hands and any surfaces that have come in contact with raw meat.
2. Drain off fat into container.
3. Stir in kidney beans with liquid, tomato sauce, onion, and chili powder.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers within 2 hours of cooking. Use refrigerated leftovers within 4 days.