A great way to use properly stored and handled leftover chicken. Using frozen veggies helps cut down prep time.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 can tomatoes (14.5 ounce, broken up)
- 1 can chicken broth, low-sodium (14.5 ounce)
- 1/2 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 package mixed vegetables (10 ounce frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Use only cooked chicken for this recipe.
2. Peel and chop the onion, to make 1 tablespoon of chopped onion.
3. Use a fork to pierce the tomatoes and break them up into pieces.
4. Put the tomatoes and broth in the pan. Cook on medium heat until they boil.
5. Add the onion. Turn the heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add the remaining ingredients.
7. Cover the pan.
8. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat until vegetables are tender.