Get pumped for this pumpkin soup. This soup pairs well with a spinach salad topped with a scoop of tuna or egg salad.
- 1 can white beans (15 ounce, rinsed and drained)
- 1 onion (small, or 2 tsp. onion powder)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can pumpkin (15 ounces, plain)
- 1 can chicken or vegetable broth, low-salt (14.5 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (or tarragon)
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
1. Blend white beans, onion, and water.
2. In a soup pot, mix bean puree with pumpkin, broth, and spices.
3. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 to 20 minutes until warmed through.