To make this dish even faster, use leftover cooked pasta, preferrably whole grain, to make this meal in under 5 minutes.
- 3/4 cup cooked pasta (in any shape)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cheddar cheese soup (from can)
- 1/8 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk, 1%
- 1 tablespoon cheese, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon deli mustard
1. Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes; drain when finished and let cool to room temperature.
2. In a separate cup, stir the "wet" ingredients (soup, pumpkin puree, milk, and mustard), and heat in microwave for 45-60 seconds; stir again until creamy.
3. Use a spoon to pour hot cream mixture over pasta and sprinkle cheese on top.
4. Stir pasta, cream mixture, and cheese until cheese melts into the pasta.
5. Eat and enjoy!
Low-fat cheddar cheese used in nutrition analysis and for costing purposes.
Why add pumpkin? Adding pumpkin mixture in addition to the cheese soup lowers the total calories and boosts nutritional fiber and Vitamin A.
Learn more about: