Pumpkin and bean lovers alike will savor this fast and flavorful soup that is packed with fiber.
- 1 can white beans
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 1 can pumpkin (15 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, allspice, or ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Blend white beans, onion, and water with a potato masher or blender till smooth.
2. In a large pot, add the pumpkin, juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, and salt. Stir.
3. Add the blended bean mix to the pot.
4. Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes, until warmed through.