Warm up a cold winter night with this cozy soup. Enjoy with dark green vegetables and broiled fish, meat, or tofu.
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 6 potatoes (diced)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup non-fat dry milk
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour
1. Peel and chop the onion.
2. Chop the celery.
3. Peel the potatoes, and cut them into small cubes.
4. Melt the margarine in a large saucepan on low heat.
5. Add the onion and celery. Cook for a few minutes.
6. Add the potatoes, salt, pepper and 1 1/2 cups water.
7. Cook for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
8. In a small bowl, stir together the dry milk and flour.
9. Add 1 1/2 cups water slowly, stirring as you add it.
10. Add the milk mix to the potatoes.
11. Cook until the soup is heated and slightly thickened.
12. Adjust the seasonings.