A fun recipe to make with kids. Use your favorite fruit and whole grain tortillas, and enjoy!
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 2 peaches, pears, or apples (medium)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 2 tablespoons milk (fat-free)
- sugar (optional)
1. Warm tortillas in microwave or oven to make them easier to handle.
2. Peel and chop fruit into pieces.
3. Place 1/4 of the fruit on half of each tortilla.
4. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over fruit.
5. Roll up the tortillas, starting at the end with the fruit.
6. Place on an un-greased baking sheet and make small slashes to allow steam to escape. Brush with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
7. Back at 350 degree in oven for 8-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
8. Serve warm or cool.
Kansas State University Cooperative Extension, Mission Nutrition: Cooking for Better Health and
Kids a Cookin’