Packed with fresh fruit, this pita pocket makes a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or snack. If you don't have peaches, try with plums or nectarines.
- 2 pita pockets (medium, whole wheat)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (reduced fat, chunky)
- 1/2 apple (cored and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 banana (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 peach (fresh, thinly sliced)
1. Cut pitas in half to make 4 pockets and warm in the microwave for about 10 seconds to make them more flexible.
2. Carefully open each pocket and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on the inside walls.
3. Fill with a combination of apple, banana, and peach slices. Serve at room temperature.
California Department of Public Health, Network for a Healthy California