A flavorful spring recipe that you and your family will savor. Use your favorite spring vegetables from your garden or local farmers market: kohlrabi, sugar snap peas, carrots, and asparagus are all delicious options.
- 1 cup noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (chopped)
- 1 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a skillet.
3. Add vegetables and saute until tender; stir constantly.
4. Add tomato and saute 2 more minutes.
5. Toss vegetables with noodles and margarine.
6. Add seasonings; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Simply Seniors Cookbook, p.43
Utah Family Nutrition Program