A tasty and colorful dish that the whole family will enjoy. Use whatever frozen veggies you have on hand.
- 1/2 pound turkey, 85% lean ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can tomatoes, crushed (14 1/2 ounces, low sodium)
- 1 can chicken broth, reduced sodium (14 1/2 ounces)
- 2 cups pasta, bow-tie, uncooked
- 3 cups frozen vegetables such as carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, thawed
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped fresh or dried)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, seasoned, dry
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add ground turkey and paprika. Cook and stir until meat is brown and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth and pasta. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until pasta is almost tender, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove lid. Place vegetables on top of pasta. Replace lid. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Prepare the Tasty Topping. Mix parsley, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over vegetables in skillet. Cover and let sit for 3 minutes before serving.
California Children’s 5-a-Day Power Play Campaign