Lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, and pineapple juice make the base of this delicious sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup pineapple or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (for thickness)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 package frozen stir-fry vegetables (16 oz bag)
1. Combine all ingredients except vegetables into bowl, mix and set aside.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in skillet and add frozen vegetables. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
3. Add sweet and sour sauce and cook for another 2 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
4. Serve immediately. This dish is great over pasta or brown rice.
University of Florida, IFAS Extension, Cooking Healthy with Diabetes