This delicious rice dish is packed with protein, veggies, and whole grain goodness.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 egg (beaten)
- 3 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked (or white rice)
- 1 cup chicken breast, ham or pork, cooked (and chopped)
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, cooked (and chopped)
- 2 green onion (sliced)
- soy sauce or hot sauce (optional, to taste)
1. Heat pan. Add 1 teaspoon of oil. Add eggs and scramble.
2. Remove cooked eggs and set aside.
3. Add the rest of oil (2 teaspoons) to pan. Stir fry rice, breaking up lumps by pressing rice against pan.
4. Add leftover meat and/or vegetables. Stir fry until heated.
5. Add green onions, reserved eggs and sauce to taste. Serve hot.
6. Cover and refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.