Sweet potatoes and oranges are a wonderful pairing to pork chops. Enjoy this flavorful dish with a side of brown rice.
- 2 pork chops
- 1 sweet potato (peeled, medium)
- 1/2 orange (sliced)
- cinnamon (dash, optional)
- salt (dash, optional)
- black pepper (dash, optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a medium skillet, brown pork chops in a small amount of oil.
2. Cut sweet potato into 1/2-inch slices.
3. Place meat and sweet potato slices in a baking dish and top with orange slices; sprinkle with seasonings if desired.
4. Cover and bake for 1 hour until meat is tender.
Fight BAC!... Cook pork to 145 degrees.
Utah Family Nutrition Program