This dish is overflowing with fresh veggies and fun flavors. Pineapple adds extra tang.
- 2 cups salad greens (of your choice)
- 1 cup vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, green beans) (chopped)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained (canned in juice, or fresh orange segments)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup yogurt, non-fat, fruit-flavored
- 1/16 cup orange juice (1 Tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoons nuts, any kind (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons raisins (or dried cranberries)
1. Put mixed salad greens on a large platter or in a salad bowl.
2. In a large bowl, mix chopped vegetables and pineapple or orange segments. Add dressing and stir. Spoon mixture over salad greens.
3. Top with raisins and nuts. Serve.
DYNAMITE DRESSING PREPARATION:
1. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
California 5 A Day, It’s So Easy
Contra Costa Health Services