Some call it dressing, while others call it stuffing. Either way, you'll call it delicious! Enjoy this old fashioned dressing with your next holiday meal or as a family-friendly side dish.
- 4 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 2 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 8 cup bread cubes, dried from whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped fresh or dried)
- 1/4 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon sage (ground)
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cup broth, chicken or turkey
1. Toast bread cubes and set aside for later use.
2. Melt margarine or butter in medium size fry pan.
3. Add celery and onion; cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Add parsley, mushrooms, seasoning and broth. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add the toasted bread cubes. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Lynn Myers Steele, 2000
Oregon Family Nutrition Program