Spicy and flavorful, this is an amazing side dish that doubles easily. Double up and enjoy it with a crowd during the summer months when okra is in season.
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon corn oil
- 6 cup greens (1 pound, shredded)
- 16 okra
- 4 chili peppers (finely chopped and crushed)
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
1. In a large heavy pan sauté onions in oil until golden brown.
2. Add remaining ingredients and about ¼ cup of water. Simmer over low heat, covered, until greens are tender.
3. Squeeze lemon juice before serving.
Healthy Recipes from Around the World