What's better than a toasty muffin right out of the oven? Enjoy these oatmeal raisin muffins with your breakfast or as a snack or dessert.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, fat-free
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- teaspoon margarine or butter (to grease the muffin cups)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Put the egg, milk, and oil in a small mixing bowl. Slowly stir them together.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and raisins. Stir until they are mixed.
4. Pour the egg-milk-oil mix into the large bowl with the dry ingredients.
5. Stir until the dry ingredients are barely moistened. Do not over-mix (the batter should be lumpy).
6. Grease each cup in the muffin pans with some margarine or butter.
7. Spoon the batter into the cups in each muffin pan, until each cup is half-full with batter.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown.