Flavorful and filling, this soup is packed with protein making it a full meal. Add extra chiles or a dash of red pepper flakes if you like a spicier soup.
- 3 pound chicken pieces, skin removed
- 2 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mild chiles (canned and diced)
- 2 cup pinto or garbanzo beans, canned, drained or cooked and drained
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Place chicken pieces in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover.
2. Cook until tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Remove chicken pieces from the broth.
4. Add tomatoes, garlic, onion, and chiles.
5. Remove chicken meat from the bones and return meat to broth.
6. Add beans and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 15 minutes.